FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Pittsburgh Stone and Waterscapes, LLC is a turnkey, licensed, general landscape and hardscape construction company of over 35 years.
Our long history in the industry has been driven by our passion for creating custom indoor and outdoor living spaces to enhance our customer's lives and building relationships.
Unlike other companies out there, we have developed a process that is simple to understand and transparent.
Knowing all of the details will not only save you time, but it will also save you money in the long run.
When you work with us, you're not just getting a builder or a designer, you are getting a partner.
Every project includes:
- Full administrative Services
- Professional Architecture and Design
- Detailed and Accurate 3D Models
- An Itemized Cost Breakdown
- All Permit Acquisitions
- Project Coordination
- A Dedicated Project Manager
Before you start a new project, you need to ask yourself these three questions:
- How will my family use the space?
- What do I want it to look like?
- What is my budget?
We get questions like this all of the time, how much will adding a pool to my backyard cost? Every project is custom to the layout of the land and the preferences of the homeowner. Therefore, we cannot develop a set "price sheet".
What we do provide, however, is a detailed and itemized budgetary slideshow that will show past projects and a breakout of estimated costs for each element of the project. With that slideshow, you will be able to get an idea of what it will take to create the space of your dreams.
Once you have an idea of what you want, our designers will work with you to bring out the unique features of your home and provide the greatest value for your investment.
Unlike other companies, we work with our clients to design and build their projects. We begin by understanding what you are looking for, creating a detailed and accurate 3D design, developing a comprehensive plan, and managing your project to completion.
Instead of hiring multiple companies to handle each aspect of your build, we take care of everything.
Landscape is all of the "soft" or living elements of your design. Elements include grass, trees, mulch, plants, and flowers.
Hardscapes, on the other hand, include all the "non-living" design elements of a project, including paved walkways, retaining walls, patios, fences, fire pits/fireplaces, and rocks. Hardscaping, in essence, represents the foundation and anchor of landscaping plans.
2. If you are just looking for a very general idea as to cost, we can send you a budgetary slideshow to see if we are within your budget range.
3. If you wish to proceed, our design consultant will meet with you at your home, take measurements, discuss your ideas and get a firm understanding of what you would like your project to include.We put together a formal proposal with all costs (For larger projects that will require a 3D virtual design, we have you sign a Design Construction Contract and have you place a deposit on your project. Once our 3D virtual design and proposal is complete, we set up a presentation to show you the design and review the proposal and costs. We make any nips/tucks and customize to your liking. )
4. Upon acceptance of our proposal, a contract is drawn up to include all items listed in the proposal and we set you on our schedule