CAREERS WITH PSW
Residential Landscape Designer / Architect
Building Better Lives
Through a detailed, turn-key system, PSW brings families together through the creation of transformative residential spaces. Our focus is not on the spaces themselves, but the positive impact those environments have on our customers and their families.
Since 1982, PSW has been an industry leader for custom residential design and construction projects. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, Residential Landscape Designer. One who is seeking a long-term career in the custom residential construction industry.
As a Designer, you will have the opportunity to create some of the most elaborate living spaces in the Pittsburgh territory. This position allows one to work with some of the most talented people and contractors within the construction industry. This is a position that offers a wide range of educational and growth opportunities. We sperate ourselves by creating a family / teamwork environment run by detailed systems and processes. Micromanaging does not apply here.
- Collects field data utilizing 3D scanning equipment and technology (training provided)
- Creation of accurate 3D models in SketchUp from field data (training provided)
- Ability to design, in SketchUp, a residential landscape design from a concept and delivering it with matching existing textures and bill of materials
- Rendering SketchUp projects in Lumion for client presentations
- Assists Director of Design with drafting construction drawings for estimating & construction
- Periodic site visits around Pittsburgh region (Transportation provided by PSW)
- Works closely with engineers and other designers/drafters to ensure the maintenance of coordination design efforts
- Creates tutorials for business system related to the position
- Builds/ maintains relationships with trade partners (Contractors, Engineers, Architects, educational resources, etc.) to evolve PSW’s capabilities
- Builds a library for all services PSW provides. Each service to have typical, installation practices, and all relevant information documented with videos as needed
- Develops / maintains relationships with other construction professionals
- Continues education on materials, products, and installation guidelines that pertain to PSW projects
- Carries out daily responsibilities according to company policies & processes
- Schedules daily and weekly tasks to successfully fulfill deadlines and manage/run the design division
- Completes all project milestones provided by Sales Manager and/or Director of Design on schedule
- Handles all designated tasks provide by Director of Design
- Follows established PSW design process
- Minimum 3- 5 years of qualified experience in the residential landscape design / construction
- Strong ability to work in a process-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal and client relations skills
- Thorough understanding of landscape design and construction
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced working environment
- Enthusiastic approach to problem prevention
- Enthusiastic approach to represent company brand to customers, trade partners, and other outside parties
- Enthusiastic approach towards learning new skills necessary for the position
- Sketchup – Intermediate to expert level required
- AutoCAD - Intermediate to expert level required
- Lumion – Beginner to intermediate level preferred
Custom Swimming Pool Installer
Posting on behalf of our Trusted Trade Partner: AQUA DESIGNS PITTSBURGH
About Aqua Designs Pittsburgh
Aqua Designs has the knowledge and expertise to assist all customers with their swimming pool needs. We are a one-stop shop that offers a long list of specialties that include new installation, restoration, service, liner replacements, splash pads and numerous hardscape options. Aqua Designs has over 30 years in the Pittsburgh area providing all our customers with a strong combination of top quality product, timely execution and excellent customer service.
Aqua Designs is looking for an experienced and responsible individual to join our team. Aqua Designs has been in business for 30+ years specializing in vinyl liner swimming pools. This individual will be involved in assisting/laboring in every aspect of the build from excavation to completion. 3+ years experience preferred.
Vast majority of work is conducted in the North Hills of Pittsburgh
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Vinyl Liner Pool Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Heavy equipment operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Custom Swimming Pool Installer
Posting on behalf of our Trusted Trade Partner: STEEL CITY SCAPES
About Steel City Scapes
Steel City Scapes is a family owned and operated design/build firm located in New Kensington, Pennsylvania. Our projects encompass all aspects of outdoor living spaces specifically for high end clients throughout the Pittsburgh region. We pride ourselves on providing these clients with the most professional, efficient and top notch installations just as expected.
We have been partnered with Pittsburgh’s largest and fastest growing sales & design firm for over 7 years now, which affords us the aptitude to focus on advancing our skills and abilities to excel in our field. Year after year we have proven the capacity to execute and deliver spectacular outdoor retreats for our clients, in a timely manner, and within budget.
We are constantly updating our ever growing fleet to provide our crew members with the newest, most reliable, tools, trucks, and equipment necessary to complete our projects. We strive to minimize labor strain and maximize efficiency.
We are currently seeking candidates who are eager to join our team as an in-ground pool installer
This role is ideal for someone who:
- is career focused and driven with enthusiasm about creating luxurious outdoor pools and grottos for high-end clients
- is looking for FULL-TIME employment with a minimum of 40 hrs./week, and the opportunity for ample overtime
- Can work effectively as a member of a well-trained, efficient team
Job responsibilities shall encompass the following items (typically done as a team):
- Assist crew members in layout and excavation of pool/patio areas
- Assembly and installation of steel reinforcement based upon engineered drawings
- Placement of ready-mix concrete footings, floors, walls, and coping
- Installation of gravel backfill, wall tile, plumbing features, autocover components, etc.
- Installation of patio components
Qualifications and Skills:
If you are the right individual for this position, you will be working in a fast-pace outdoor environment and must have previous experience in general construction and a willingness to learn. The following criteria are also required:
- Current and valid driver’s license, or access to adequate transportation throughout the Pittsburgh region; our projects are typically located around the South Hills, Sewickley, North Hills, and Beaver
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Work well with other crew members and assist with any and all aspects of pool installation
- Communicate well with other trade partners working on site
- Knowledge of safe and proper use of gas powered saws, shovels, rakes, and cordless tools
- Minimum of 2 years of concrete experience and proficiency in at least 4 items below
- Knowledge of basic concrete tools; float, trowel, concrete rake, edgers, groovers
- Basic carpentry skills related to the forming of concrete
- Hands-on experience as a laborer; shoveling, raking, wheeling concrete
- Capability to install steel reinforcement; wire mesh, tie rebar, etc.
- Competency to finish flatwork concrete; float finish, broom finish, hand trowel
- Comfortable working in an outdoor environment with changing weather conditions
Compensation and Benefits:
- Benefits package with retirement and healthcare
- PAID vacations and holidays
- This position is full-time, however we typically shut down for 2 months during the winter
- Additional training and certifications
- Yearly CASH bonus!!